A few weeks back we received reports of dengue fever being on the rise in the DominicanRepublic (see our October 27th #TuesdayTestimonial by @secretosdemama) and now reports are coming in of dengue fever being on the rise in Hawaii as well.
This concerns us as much as it does you and we are so happy to report that @Target Hawaii is now fully stocked with our California Baby Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent! They are flying off the shelves so hurry and get yours now, while supplies last!
Did you know that our Natural Bug Blend Repellent Spray contains citronella, lemongrass and cedar atlas and other essential oils known for their safe bug repellent properties? Well, it does! Repellency is based on scent so, Hawaii friends, stay safe and reapply generously and often!
And because we take your worries and concerns seriously, here are some helpful tips to prevent mosquito bites we put together just for you:
- The adult mosquitoes like to bite inside as well as outside, during the day and at night when the lights are on. To protect yourself, use insect repellent on your skin while indoors or out, mosquito traps and/or mosquito nets.
- Make sure window and door screens are secure and without holes. If available, use air-conditioning.
- When possible, wear long sleeves and pants for additional protection.
- Wear socks
- Consider tucking your pants into your socks
- Wear light-colored clothing (mosquitoes are more attracted to darker colors)
- Apply mosquito repellent to your clothing, shoes, camping gear and bed netting
- Wear a full-brimmed hat to protect your head and neck
- Consider wearing a mosquito net to cover your head and face or torso